Thursday 13 February 2014

My rekindling of my love of cooking


So on this blog, I'd like to start by saying that I have rekindled a love of cooking throughout my recovery. 
It's fact that when a person suffers from an eating disorder, they become engrossed in food, and obsessed by it, convincing themselves they love to cook when really it is simply a way of controlling what they eat.
I used to tell my mum that I didn't want her to cook for me and that I wouldn't eat at the same time as them, 'because I loved to make my own food'. Really this was a way of being secretive and an easy way to eat less. I found it easier to tell her this, than to say that I didn't want to eat what she made as the thought of the unknown scared me.


However, now I find that I genuinely love to cook again. I love trying to make new things, experimenting with recipes and although my food is not necessarily always gourmet standard, I think that I am becoming more imaginative and trying new things!
I like posting foodie photos, there I said it. There is no point in lying! In fact, I get a pleasure out of posting a photo of something that I put effort into making and seeing that others appreciate it and want to try it too.
Hence, on my blog, I want to take the opportunity to post the recipes and photos of things I make, not only so I can remember what went well and what didn't, but so that if by any chance others want to try and make it, they can!



No comments:

Post a Comment