Saturday 11 May 2013

I am starting a fresh leaf. My initial promise of staying uber motivated and on top of this blog failed, rather dramatically to say the least. It's not that I couldn't be bothered (please don't get that impression of me!) but I've had so many other things on my mind, that unfortunately the blog fell down the drainpipe.
:'( :'(

But now it's summer and I WILL stay on top of it.
So this week, the weather in Newcastle has been as temperamental as ever. Over the bank holiday I was topping up my none existent tan down on the quayside and am proud to say that I turned a slightly more healthy colour than my usual albino tinge. Nobody else noticed a difference, but daringly, I  turned up my jeans TWICE and exposed my milk bottle legs to Newcastle- how adventurous!

Sunny Tyne Bridge on the Quayside!!!!

I managed to get down to the Quayside to do a mini photoshoot for my uni project with my friend which was nice. (I don't envy her stripping off down there though). She's wearing a top I made and designed.




    Then, as to be expected, on Thursday I was hiding in my flat again, staring out into a bleak and dull courtyard whilst the weather turned a lot more 'duck friendly'. My hair does not fair well in these conditions and what with my mountains of university work, indoors was the safest option for me.


      But now, university has finished for summer!!! (YEAH!) Now it's time to start entertaining myself until September. That seems like an awful long time, so I am open for suggestions for projects to keep me entertained/sane until then. Please.
I went to the opening event of Newcastle Fashion Week today which was cool. We met the editor of Company Magazine, Victoria White and Louise Wedderburn, Caryn Franklin, Samantha Bennett and Vita Taylor who gave a masterclass interview about how to 'Get Into Fashion'. I learnt, to get in, I need to stand out; may have to purchase a flashing beacon or walk around in an inflatable olive costume to achieve that one!! Catherine bought an adorable bracelet from Bcharmed, a Newcastle based jewellry company and a lip scrub from Lush which she later found out she could eat!! MULTI PURPOSE. Oh and we then did a spot of promotion for Annie and The Mannequins, of which the owner's are GORGEOUS! 
I think I had complete envy at how they managed to still look summery and beyond stunning despite their early start and the bleak weather (www.annieandthemannequins.com) Follow them on Twitter, @AnnieandtheMs. 





Casually being a cat.

Me, Victoria and Catherine

Entry one of many completed. Things can only get better!
Adele x

No comments:

Post a Comment