Saturday 18 May 2013

Following up from last weeks post about the trip to Newcastle Fashion Week, I have now found a photo of me on Company Magazine's website under their '10 street styles of Newcastle'! fkdanfnjdfnjmg, this made me do a small dance in my bedroom, (http://www.company.co.uk/fashion/top-10s/best-street-style-newcastle). I'm telling you, it's one small step towards ruling the fashion world.
Ta-dah!Company Magazine Street Style
Okay, that is possibly/likely to be/definitely an exaggeration, but I got excited.

I have also been very bored this week - after I got all my university deadlines, I found out that unlike most students I hate :
1. Sleeping in until ridiculous hours in the afternoon
2. Lying around doing absolutely nothing.
3. Being lazy.
4. Sleeping some more.
So instead, I've been faced with the task of trying to keep my over active brain very much that; active and busy. I started making those small scented things that people like to put in their drawers? I don't know if they have a proper technical term? I made four personalized ones for coming home presents for my family (they'll be overjoyed to see me and the presents obviously!) I started with plain, boring calico and then decorated them with beads and lace. I didn't have any fancy smelly flowers to put inside them, so I used my initiative and tipped herbal tea bags into them (works just as well!) They were ridiculously cheap and easy to make which proves you don't need lots of money to make nice sentimental things!

It was also my last week in Newcastle this week before I go home for summer. YES!!!
So I decided to try and get out and see people before I make the trek back to Manchester later today.
After my amazing hand massage at the fair last weekend, I paid a trip to Lush in Eldon Square to simply stand around nice smelling things and to try to emerge smelling as good as the shop itself (the last attempt was in vain). I managed to get another hand massage and the lovely lady there gave me a free present of a Soft Coeur Massage Bar - which I advise everybody to go and buy. I don't like chocolate. Nor do I like overly sweet things, but this massage bar is lovely. Made of honey and Shea butter, it was silky on my hands and didn't leave them greasy and slimy afterwards. My hands were soft as a baby's bottom afterwards and best of all, they didn't feel chapped or sore for the rest of the day! Result in my eyes.
 Has anybody been to Urban Outfitters lately and seen the heeled jelly shoes that they have in store? FLASHBACK TO MY NINETIES CHILDHOOD ALERT!!
I had some of those shoes when they were originally the 'in thing'. I remember they pinched my toes, left me with rust marks on my feet but were without a doubt my fav. shoes of my childhood.Beth and I also had a lot of fun trying on the glasses that made us look like bluebottle flies. There haven't been many opportunities to 'don' the sunglasses whilst I've been up here, so we made the most of the weather and formed the RayBan Rabble. This is the name we will choose if we ever begin a rebellion, stand for Parliament etc.


Hannah came round on Friday night. I do love Hannah, she instantly makes me smile when I see her wild mop of cherry red hair. It felt like ages since I had seen her last, so I invited her around to celebrate my final night in Newcastle - very civilized and much more my scene than going out and getting absolutely mortal (that is a word I will proudly take home from Newcastle though.)
''Adele's Newcastle English Dictionary- 'Mortal' - The act of getting extremely drunk, to the stage where memory loss, vomitting and potentially embarrassing and life changing decisions occur. Often those who are in this state end up in a gutter somewhere''.

A pretty fair way to sum it up in my opinion. Anyway, we spent the night complaining about life in student halls, failing miserably to chop and steam sweet potatoes and then snap chatting her family. Snap chat, what an invention eh?!! I cooked her tea and then she repaid the favour by publicly embarrassing me and tweeting a photo of my flat mates rubbish.
THIS IS NOT MY RUBBISH; I DO NOT ENDORSE SLOBS. I AM A CLEAN HUMAN BEING!!!!
Cajun chicken with peppers and onions,
rosemary and garlic steamed sweet potato
& salad.
#dirtyanimals






-Adele x




No comments:

Post a Comment