Thursday 26 January 2012

I was talking to my friends recently and somehow, we managed to get onto the topic of
'Which five celebrities would you invite to a dinner party?' Your choices could be past or present, foreign or british and the only condition was that your party had to be interesting....So my mind instantly went into mild panic and I could not think of 5 people who a) i could imagine sitting around a table chatting about the weather with (if conversation became THAT boring) and b) who I would actually like to invite to talk to.
Some of the people that came up were quite obvious and in my opinion, quite predictable...Kim Kardashian, David Beckham, Kanye West, Robert Pattinson, etcetcetc.

I would choose none of the above, not because they wouldn't be interesting (i do not want to offend a worldwide fanbase), but because I believe that there are thousands more people that could teach me a thing or two about their lives and mine.Obviously, you'd need that one person who can spark up the conversation and if things get a smidge boring, they can drop some hilarious joke to re-jig the banter. I was initially thinking Will Smith due to the fact that in Fresh Prince and most of the films I have seen him in, I adore his acting, especially the famous line
'ahhh hell no!' plus, lets be honest, those huge lush lips of his are just perfect.
Next, I was thinking about which inspirational person I would like to attend; Martin Luther King and his story always gets to me...but there are so many people in the world that at this point I became stuck. Well and truely baffled by the vast number of people that I could choose from.
So, instead of thinking about it logically, I decided to list some names instead;
Anna Wintour (fashion genius, queen of editting and overall legend in the fashion world), Beyonce (DIVA), JK Rowling (to quiz her and to ask her all the questions I could posibbly think of about Harry Potter, Johnny Depp, James Corden, Nick Grimshaw, Vivieene Westwood, Rupert Grint, Alexa Chung, Gok Wan...There are so many people and so few places. 
So now I want to ask the public what they think...
Who would you choose to invite?
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment